Friday, April 24, 2009

Some cold hard facts


OK, so I just received my power bill from March 20th to April 20th. During this time I used my clothesline quite a bit, but not exclusively due to weather issues. Typically my power usage for April, May, and June is exactly the same. I would expect that my usage this year would be the same as last year at this time. I'm nothing if not consistent. I haven't changed our power habits other than the clothesline. So, guess what? Our bill went down $10.

Not too bad.

I expect even better results next month. I want to avoid the dryer as much as possible from now until September/October. Pretty cool! And the bonus is that I really like hanging the clothes on the line! It still suprises me.

Happy Earth Day! (I know I'm a little late)

2 comments:

Bree D. said...

That is very cool!! Keep up the good work. I would join in with you, but I detest laundry so much as it is!!! Keep us posted if the savings increase, it just might persuade me!

rad6 said...

That is fun about liking hanging the laundry up. my Kiera loves to fold laundry. it is her R&R, she almost doesn't like to even watch tv without a load of laudry to fold. In our family we really have no problem always having a load for her to fold.
Happy hanging. (maybe I should ask Kiera if she would like that.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...