
So, what do you do when you are in a food rut?? Ask friends for some new recipes and get back in the game! I usually find if I just make something, put a little thought into it, have a little fun with it--food starts to sound better again. Anyway, thanks for all the recipes and keep them coming. I love recipes. I can't think of too many things I like more than reading cookbooks or food blogs. It's so fun!
On another note, I have been focusing a lot of time lately on our home food storage. I've been inventory-ing (I don't think that is a word but you know what I mean) and purchasing and re-evaluating. My timing was impeccable. All of the major food chains in our area seem to be having their caselot sales right now. So it is working out well. Last week was devoted to inventory-ing (there is that word again!). I dug my way through shelves and cupboards and even under beds (OK, not really anymore--but I used to have to store it under the beds!) It's amazing how much of this stuff you consume in a year! This week is dedicated to purchasing. Next week I will get all of that lovely stuff stored properly in buckets and cans. In the meantime, I am pretty much up to my eyeballs in wheat, flour, sugar, oats and rice. All those oats made me think of granola. So today I decided to make some. You should come over and take a whiff. It is divine! Cinnamon, honey, molasses, vanilla---how can you go wrong? You should go grab a can of oats and make some too. You won't be sorry!
3 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE granola--I have collected several recipes of it, but have yet to actually make some. Looks yummy!
And the recipe is....
Well, I found the one that I used in an old recipe book. I found the one pictured here online and I think it would taste even better. I am going to use it next time. The link is
http://basilandginger.com/2008/02/seven-year-granola.html
Now go make some and let me know if it is any good!
Post a Comment