Monday, March 30, 2009

a few random poems

I awoke this morning to 6 inches of snow and 60 mph winds. Blah. I'm ready for spring to stay permanently. I found some poems recently written by my fourteen year old. Thought you might enjoy them. I particularly like the one about the buffalo.

RANDOM POEM #1

The hamster runs backwards
On his
Wheel.

The energy he
Creates
Powers
The world.

(hamster power...hmm maybe Obama should consider that in his energy plan!)

RANDOM POEM #2

Sticking your finger
Into the
Outlet
Is a
Bad
Idea!

(glad that I was able to teach him something!)
RANDOM POEM #3

The Indians
Used to
Chase
the buffalo
Off the cliff.

The buffalo
Went
Splat!

Like a ziploc bag
Filled with vegetable stew.

(enough said!)

3 comments:

julie Gutke said...

great poems...just what i needed to brighten this gloomy day!!!!!!

devanddar said...

I wonder if the hubby still has my poem about 'eggs'. He had the only remaining copy, but I know he had it at work for a long time! Loved the poems b-man!
Devin

TJoad said...

Oh he has it allright. Maybe I will feature it tomorrow. hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...