Friday, March 06, 2009

Doesn't this look good?



Three (or four? I've lost track) years ago I organized a produce co-op in our neighborhood. There are twelve of us. We order the produce by the case from a large company at wholesale prices twice a month. Then we split it all up, and this is an example of what we get. I've found that for the most part the produce is fresher than the supermarket and we can get it at about 50% of the cost. Doesn't it look yummy? I'm particularly excited about the strawberries and the pineapple!

Now if only I could convince myself (and a few others) that it looks yummier than this:


Breads are my weakness!
Can you make bread with strawberries and pineapple? hmm.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Mmmm--I love produce....looks good. I'm so glad strawberry season is almost here.

Sarah F. said...

Produce was especially colorful this week....so yummy.

Kimberly said...

Looks good! Let me know if a spot comes open! I would love to join!

Jackie said...

Hey, this is Jackie. I have some questions about your food co-op. Can you email me at nauvootemple@yahoo.com? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...