Monday, February 02, 2009

Hello!

Wow, life has been flying by. Last week was a whirl. I had a great birthday (thanks everyone!) and we went to two college basketball games. We are official roadies now. We took a day trip to the neighboring state to my alma mater to watch the girls play and visit some dear friends. Thanks you guys, we had so much fun! My brother and niece decided at the last minute to join us and we all had a great time. The girls even won in overtime, so that was icing on the cake. Speaking of cakes, I tried the chocolate cake again without omitting essential ingredients this time and what do you know? It turned out even better. Go figure.

Today I was summoned to jury duty. I was assigned chair number 35. The very last chair. I guess it paid off, because apparently they had all the jurors they needed before they even interviewed me. After three hours of waiting, they sent me on my way and I was very grateful! I was glad to get home to the kids and I was even more glad to not have to hear the yucky details of this case. It turned out that the kids didn't have school today, so thankfully they were able to watch Lucie while I was gone. Not so fun for them, but a life saver for me!

It is gorgeous today. The sun is shining and it is not so bitter cold. The kids are even outside dodging the piles of snow with their bikes. It gives me hope that maybe the groundhog won't be such a ninny this year. I haven't heard yet, but spring just has to be around the corner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I even wished you a Happy Birthday. I'm glad you had a good one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...