I thought I'd update you on our quest to save more money. I've always been pretty mindful of where our money goes. And I'd classify myself as basically cheap--I mean frugal! But, I have spent the last couple of weeks going over everything with a fine tooth comb. I went through all of our paperwork and receipts for the last year and after looking at all of the data I think we can still do better. So, we are going on a financial diet. I officially started the new program on Nov 1st and so far so good. I think we might even come in under budget this pay period. So, maybe we can tighten the belt even more. We've set some good financial goals for next year, so hopefully things will be looking up. I realized with Bman's birthday next week, we only have about four and a half years until we are looking at a missionary/college student. Yikes! Where does the time go? You think you have a lot of time to save for those kinds of things until it all sneaks up on you. Time to get to work!
By the way, I have been using coupons for about a month now---LOVE it! I'll have to tally my savings and post it later. I've only been buying what I normally buy anyway and using the coupons in combination with sales and it seems to be working really well. I'm sure I will get better at it as I go. If any of you get the paper and don't use your coupons...send them my way please!
1 comment:
Coupons are great! I've saved almost $1000 just this year by using them and the store discount cards. Just wish they had them in the paper here more often. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment