Monday, April 28, 2008

One crazy week

Last week was something else. We were pretty involved with the funeral. S got a phone call late Monday night telling him about the situation. He immediately went to the hospital to be with Tiffany and her family. I think he got home around 1 am. Tuesday I spent almost all day on the phone, letting the neighbors know and answering what questions I could. I was able to spend a few moments with Tiffany that day. And I made some food to take over to her in-laws house. They were still in shock and trying to make some important decisions. What a sweet family! S met with them and the mortician immediately after work and I think he got home around 10pm on Tuesday. Wednesday was spent organizing the funeral and the luncheon for the family after the services. We had to figure out how much food to buy or assign out, and how many people we needed to help pull it all off. I ran errands to pick-up the things that we needed, and made the centerpieces for the tables (with the help of an awesome friend). Wednesday night was the viewing. Both S and I went for most of it. It was supposed to be from 6-8pm. But the place was packed and the line wound around the building. I came home around 9pm to tuck the kids in bed. S stayed to the end (10:00 ish).

Thursday was the funeral. It was a very busy day. I left for the church at 8:30am and I didn't return home until seven hours later. The services were beautiful and S did such a great job!! I was so proud of him. You would never have guessed that this was his first funeral service. While the family was at the cemetery, we hurried and set-up tables and chairs and prepared all of the food. We guessed perfectly on the amount of food. There were about 200 people in attendance at the luncheon. I think we had a dozen slices of ham and some cake left when it was all said and done. Not too bad. Then we cleaned and packed everything up and headed home. Bman had a soccer game on Thursday night. It was freezing cold. The girls and I watched from the car. Dad braved the elements. I was supposed to go to a stake auxiliary training meeting, but decided it was more important for me to spend some time with the kids. We picked up a pizza and watched a show. We all crashed pretty early on Thursday night. I think we were all in bed with lights out by 9pm.

Since then, we have been trying to get our schedule back to normal. I have the best kids!! Bman stepped right up and watched the girls, pretty much all week, while all of this was going on. I even had to check him out of school on Thursday to watch Lucie. He's the only babysitter she will go to!! S-lady was great too. She played with the baby and helped keep the house together. I couldn't have done it without their help!

3 comments:

Suz said...

We haven't had to go through a funeral as bishop yet....what a comfort to have S-Rock as the bishop (and you as the bishop's wife) for such an ordeal.

Does Lucie go to nursery?

TJoad said...

I hope you don't have to do any funerals. Lucie go to nursery?? Ha. Actually I got released from RS on Sunday, so now I can focus on getting Lucie where she needs to be. I think I just need to be consistent with it.

TJoad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...