

Tonight is the night we've waited for. We finally get to celebrate Chinese New Year. I've decided that it is hard to celebrate a holiday when no one else around you acknowledges it. Life in China screeches to a halt this time of year as businesses close their doors and everyone heads home for the holidays. Here in America..life goes on. We don't get the week or even the day off of school or work. I think it's important to acknowledge and celebrate some of the culture of Lucie's birth country. So, in honor of that, we are having a small party tonight (a few weeks late, but it's the best we could do). We've invited some friends over for dinner and I think we'll try to watch our dvd of the Chinese Acrobats. Did I tell you that most of our family went to see the Peking Acrobats when they were in town a few weeks ago? Lucie and I couldn't go. They wouldn't allow anyone under six into the theater. But the others went and they had a great time. We went to the acrobat show in Beijing when we were there. Unfortunately it was at the end of a very long day. S-lady fell asleep in the middle of the show somewhere. So, she was really looking forward to this performance! Dad bought a dvd of the show and brought it home for Lucie and I. Hopefully we can watch at least the really good parts tonight. I'll post the details and pics of the party as soon as I can!
Update: We had a wonderful time celebrating the new year! We feasted on Chinese food (sweet and sour chicken, fried rice, sticky rice, egg rolls, and potstickers-yum!) We opened fortune cookies, played games, threw confetti, and just had a great time visiting with our good friends. This is the third year that our families have celebrated the new year together. We started this tradition to help pass the time during our horribly long wait for Lucie. It was WONDERFUL to finally have her here celebrating with us!
*Notice S-lady is sporting new silk pajamas! Her aunt and uncle surprised her with them on their recent return from Hong Kong. Thanks guys! B-man is also wearing the silk boxers you sent. Thankfully you can't see them (hehe).


No comments:
Post a Comment