Well, I'm in no state of mind to give you all the gory details right now. Maybe tomorrow. The long and the short of it-- We did get Lucie's visa straightened out eventually. We didn't make our flight after a herculean effort and several ulcers. We checked out of the hotel. We took many taxis. We checked back in. The next flight out of Guangzhou to LAX is Friday night. Yeah. Now we have to work out the dominoes I mentioned earlier. For now I need a tylenol and a really hard bed!
5 comments:
What an ordeal. We hope everything is going well and when you feel up to it, let us all know how things turn out. We're sad we won't be able to meet Lucie yet or see the rest of you. We miss you all and our prayers are with you.
Bryony and Charles
I also offer my services to come get you at the airport with your van, since Mom and Dad will probably be gone. I have no responsibilities this weekend whatsoever except for the dog, who I promise not to bring to the airport with me. Let me know, and if you don't have our email you can send the info to Dad to relay to me. Hope all is working out.
Bryony
Hey guys! We are so sorry about the problems! Our computer wasn't working this morning, so we were getting ready to leave when we checked 96 poodles, and ta-da! Good thing we looked! We had checked the flight, but we didn't know you weren't on it! Let us know what kind of time you are looking at when you do get on your way! Love ya! Dev and Fam
By the way, we're all dying to know if the boys found a theater for Harry Potter.
Dev, its a good thing you got your email working. What a drag that would have been to go all the way to LA and not have them come out of the plane. :)
Dad is worried you are going to bypass us and go straight to the family reunion. Let us know whats what. He really can't wait to meet his new granddaughter.
Dad and I were trying to figure out what time you'd be getting to LA. If you leave China on Friday night, do you get to LA on Friday night, too? I couldn't quite get my mind around the time difference.
We hope to hear from you soon. Hugs and kisses to everyone.
Bryony and Charles
Hi guys,
It has been sooooo much fun reading about your adventure!!!I have enjoyed all the great pictures, expecially the one's of cute little Lucie. She is absolutely adorable. I'm so sorry about all the problems with the visa. We are all excited to see you home safe and sound.
Love, Camie and family
Post a Comment