Saturday, June 23, 2007
The bags are packed!
Man am I spartan! I was so paranoid about going over the weight limit (44lbs in China) on our luggage, that I ended up being really under weight. We are each allowed one check-on bag and one carry-on bag. (Did I mention that the kids were coming with?) I could have slimmed down to three check on bags, but I decided to take four half-way full bags instead. We should have lots of room for all of the things we want to buy. Hurrah!
We leave for the airport in about seven hours. We will have a lay-over at LAX (where we will meet my niece who is also coming along) and then board our plane for China. It still does not seem real to me. It's obvious we are going on vacation...but to CHINA?? That part is hard to wrap your brain around.
We just have a few last minute details to take care of and we are on our way. My intent is to blog as often as I can. Hopefully, we will have sufficient internet access. We are scheduled to meet Lucie sometime in the afternoon on the 27th (that would be in the middle of the night on the 26th for you people). Remember that China is 12-15 hours ahead of US time! We will post pictures of our little one just as fast as we can. We know that is what you really want to see.
Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment