Monday, April 09, 2007

Time to face reality

Pooh. The horrible rumor is true. The cut-off day is indeed October 26th (2005). We missed it by one lousy day. Who would have ever believed that they would only match TWO days worth of referrals this month?? It's an all time record low. So we wait. Another month. My guess (and believe me it is just a guess) is that we will receive our referral sometime early May and travel late June or early July. I guess the upside is that the kids won't have to miss any school and will be here for all of the fun end-of-school year activities. The downside is that they will miss some of the things they had scheduled for summer. There's a good chance we will miss Uncle Zach's wedding, which will be sad. We are just hoping that we will be able to go to our big family reunion in July. We only have them every three years and we have really been looking forward to it. Not to mention that we have already purchased our tickets for the flight to Mississippi.

I read a quote by Neal Maxwell this past weekend as I was preparing my talk for church. It goes something like this: "Faith in the Lord implies faith in His timing." I know we are doing the right thing. I have complete confidence in that. I know that there is a very specific, certain little one that is meant for our family. I guess I have to trust the timing as well. So we wait.

4 comments:

Suz said...

What's the scoop on Uncle Zach?
First I've heard of it!!
Details! Details! Pictures!!
So sorry you have to waith another month to see your precious Lucie. Fortunately the Lord can see the larger picture that we can't see. I'm sending fabric that I made a dress for Greta in (with some loving help from Grandma Thorderson :)when she was about 18 months old. It's a pastel pooh bear print. Love, Susan

TJoad said...

Our little Zachy is getting married on June 21st. His fiancee's name is Sara and he met her in Kansas City over Thanksgiving. We met her for the first time a couple of weeks ago. They are very happy together!

Suz said...

Is she LDS? We were just in Kansas City this weekend picking up our puppy!

TJoad said...

She is LDS. Zach met her at the mission home when he was visiting Jim and Diane. She is in their home ward. You should have stopped in to say HI while you were there. I should have thought of that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...