Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Snug as a bug...it's my new rug!



Amidst all of the anxiety of the week, I did receive an unexpected package. It was so fun to have the UPS guy pull up and haul this giant box to the front door. What could it be? My Mom has been working on this (not so little) project for months. It's handmade out of wool strips, many of which were recycled from old wool coats. Isn't it beautiful?? We all love it! It made my whole day. I haven't decided for sure where to put it. It was originally made to put under the kitchen table, but I just can't bear the thought of spilling on it. So, for now it holds a place of honor on the living room floor (where it might very likely stay forever). Thanks Mom--it's gorgeous!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...