Wednesday, February 07, 2007

a bit quiet


Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's kind of quiet around here this week (both at home and on the adoption front). The week after referrals is always kind of "still". No rumors, no nothing. So, we wait.

I have been prepping for a sweet swap that I am having tomorrow night. I had originally scheduled a cookie exchange just before Christmas. Life got incredibly busy back then and I ended up cancelling it. So, I have rescheduled it for tomorrow. I decided to branch out into all kinds of sweets and treats (not just cookies) and we are giving it a Valentine theme. Actually, I am having a lot of fun with it. I think maybe I will do it this time of year from here on out. It helps break up the monotony of winter and Valentine's Day has always been one of my most favorite holidays. I think I like it for several reasons. First, all you need is a piece of paper and a crayon to totally make someone's day. Second, it hasn't become too commercial YET. Third, it stars my favorite thing...chocolate. So, I have invited eleven of my friends (twelve total including me) and we are each making 4 dozen extra special, ooey gooey Valentine treats to swap. I'm going to serve a light dinner (mandarin chicken salad and homemade orange rolls) and we are just going to laugh and eat and enjoy each other's company. I will take some photos of the spread and post it tomorrow. I haven't quite decided whether to have some party games up my sleeve or not. I also need to figure out the table decorations. I have bought a couple of prizes for the yummiest treats. Should be fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...