Monday, January 29, 2007

weekend in review

Wow, has it really been three days? Time sure flies when it's crawling by. Well, this weekend was my birthday. Birthdays at our house are usually spread over several days--sometimes even a whole week! I started the celebration on Friday by going to breakfast with two of my favorite friends (yummy and very fun)! Saturday I attended the funeral of my friend's brother. He passed away last week after a fifteen month battle with a rare form of liver cancer. It was a very sad occasion, but the funeral was a wonderful tribute to his life! I never had the privilege of meeting him in person, but I think the world of his family and I so admire his wife and four children for their courage and faith! Most people seem to think that this was a terrible way to celebrate my birthday. But, in reality it was a good reminder to me of my favorite gifts in life--my husband and children. You know, as you go about your daily routine, it sure is easy to take these most important people for granted. What better gifts could I be given?

On a different note, B-man returned safely home from the artic expedition at about 4:00 on Saturday with no sign of frostbite-whew! He had a great time. After soaking in the warm tub for QUITE A WHILE and banishing all of the smelly laundry to the clothes hamper, we were able to spend some time together as a family. We went to dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant (what else?) and opened gifts, and had a great time. I received phone calls and visits from many friends and family members--thanks for thinking of me, you guys are the best! The celebration continued into Sunday. We invited family and friends over last night for cake and ice cream. It was a great weekend, and I am very much looking forward to this next year of my life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...