Friday, January 26, 2007

This Mom stuff is tuff


My baby (Ok, he's not a baby--he's 12!) left for his first overnight winter campout WITHOUT his Dad this morning. He's gone plenty of times before, but his Dad has always gone with him. This time was harder on the Mom. First of all, do I really trust these scout leaders that he's with? (yes, I supposed I do) Second, it's supposed to be -10 degrees tonight! You heard right...-10 as in below zero! That just does not sound fun. Who in their right mind would want to sleep out in temps like that? Only scouts.

Well, I have prepared him as best I can. He has multiple wool socks, and sub zero sleeping bags (2) and hats and gloves and long underwear, pocket warmers, and hand warmers, and fleece pajamas. They brought lots of firewood, and food and tents and foam pads to sleep on. I guess there comes a time when you just have to let them fly. But it still isn't easy.

These photos are from last year's camp out. Imagine a little less snow and a lot colder temps. You get the idea.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...