Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Civil Right's Day-the good, the bad, and the ugly


What a great weekend! Saturday S-lady and I went on a little outing to the theater to see Charlotte's Web. The movie is very cute, but the theater was a fiasco! It's always annoying to sit through all of the advertisements while you wait for the show to begin. Who gave permission to do that anyway? Shouldn't they be showing Road Runner cartoons or something? Anyway, we made it through the commercials--barely. Then the previews came on. I could not believe my eyes! They were the most inappropriate previews I have ever seen. I thought they had to keep the previews the same rating as the movie--NOT this time! S-lady jumped on my lap and buried her head in my shirt. There were vampires and werewolves and I don't know what all--I was as scared as she was. THEN the focus went all haywire...which wasn't such a bad thing. Werewolves aren't as scary when you can't see them clearly. Next the sound went out--seriously it was one thing after another. We couldn't really tell if the movie had started or if the previews were still going, because there was no sound. I had a sneaking suspicion that the movie had started and it didn't exactly look right. Creepy mountain scenes, then scary dragons, (where were the cute little farm animals?) as soon as I saw John Malkovich, I knew something was terribly wrong. You see they put us in a theater that alternated between Charlotte's Web and Eragon. You guessed it, someone screwed up and started Eragon instead. Well, at least that explained the scary previews. I immediately jumped out of my seat and headed for the lobby to let the manager know that he had a theater full of terrified little children! Apparently this particular theater only hires fourteen year olds. There were no adults in sight. They stopped the movie. Unfortunately we had to sit through the commercials--again--TWICE! It was excruciating! You would think with modern technology they could just start the movie at the push of a button. But no. We had to wait and wait and wait. Well, eventually we did get to see the movie and it was very cute.

While we were at the movie theater, the boys were watching a movie of their own at home. That was the plan. B-man got Dead Man's Chest for Christmas and hadn't been able to watch it yet, because his little sis was always around. So, I got her out of the house, so the guys could watch. They loved it of course! We ended the evening by leaving the kids and having a date-night of our own. Just dinner, but always fun!

Sunday we were invited by some neighbors to their cabin at a nearby ski resort. We couldn't pass that one up! It was very fun and you would NOT believe this place. I'm kicking myself for forgetting the camera. It's huge, it's beautiful, it's over the top! We all had a great time. We were invited to spend the night since the kids didn't have school yesterday. We stayed up WAY too late (for which we are all paying dearly now) and ate way too much junk. S and I had to come home early (long story, but the social worker was supposed to come for a home visit) Suffice it to say, we scheduled our whole day around her and she never showed! Grr. The kids were able to stay though and they had a great time. They got home about 5pm. We ordered pizza and watched a show. S-lady and B-man were both in bed and asleep by 7pm.
All in all, it was a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...